This page describes the process for self-service groupware migrations.
Prepare access data
- In order to proceed with testing and migration, you should know relevant host names and IP addresses. Source and destination servers should be accessible via the public internet
- Make sure that (empty) destination accounts have been created for each corresponding source account
- Prepare the list of accounts to migrate, including login credentials. Our service can also deal with admin credentials for many platforms such as Microsoft Exchange. Nevertheless, we recommend to have actual passwords at hand for few accounts at least for cross-checking in case of authentication issues.
Run test migration
- For larger migrations, we're happy to provide you with a number of migration codes free of charge, which allow to migrate full mailboxes (please contact us).
- We do recommend to choose rather large accounts for testing
We do recommend that you let mailbox owners review migration results. This also helps raising awareness for the overall migration.
The more specific your setup is the more likely a first test might not succeed immediately. Don't hesitate to contact (connectivity) to get in touch.
Create migration plan
- Create a simple migration plan in which you note down your move from your old to the new platform
Discuss migration plan with audriga support
- For larger migrations, we recommend that you discuss your plan shortly with our support
- For instance, we do impose some restrictions on the number of parallel migrations from or to most providers by default
Run initial migration
- Setup and start the initial / main migration run
Since MX records are not yet changed at this point, there's low risk, even if things go wrong.
Change MX record
- Once the initial migration run has finished successfully, you can change your domain's MX record in order to route incoming emails to the new destination system
- Ideally, this should happen shortly after end of business
Run delta migration
- Once MX changes have propagated throughout the internet you can schedule the final delta migration.
Configure your email client applications
While you can configure your email client application at any time after your new email account is available, we recommend that you do so only after the email migration has finished.