This page describes our email migration solutions.
We distinguish the migration of email accounts from the migration of groupware accounts. Please refer to our groupware migration instructions, if you want to migrate data such as contacts, calendars, tasks, or notes besides emails.
We offer solutions for any scale of migration - from a single mailbox to multiple millions of accounts. Please choose the scenario suitable for you:
|Type of migration||Self-service||Assisted||Platform|
|Number of accounts to migrate||1-500||>500||>100.000|
|Migration driven by||User||User||Service provider|
|Typical project duration||Few hours||Few days/weeks||Few months|
|Accessibility of source/destination server||via Internet||via Internet or restricted||via Internet or restricted|
- You can use our self-service migration tooling instantly - 24h a day, 7 days a week (see also Migrate now).
- We recommend to review our following guidance - especially if you have not used our service before
- The best way to use our self-service migration tool depends on the type of email account(s) your are planning to migrate. We distinguish two scenarios:
- Migrating email accounts with a different domain name between providers (e..g, from "firstname.lastname@example.org" to "email@example.com") - please refer to Email migration/Without domain name transfer
- Migrating email account(s) attached to a certain domain name (e.g., from "firstname.lastname@example.org" hosted at provider A to "email@example.com" hosted at provider B) - please refer to Email migration/With domain name transfer
- See our information about messaging platform migration.
- Our self-service migration tooling needs to access your servers via the Internet. Get in touch with us to discuss options in case your source or destination server is not reachable via the Internet.
Our service supports most common IMAP-enabled email servers and email services.
Additional protocols supported include POP3. We recommend to contact before using those additional protocols.
We offer white-labeled versions of our migration service which allows service providers to easily onboard customers.