If you are missing a certain source or destination in our provider list, you can manually configure the missing data. We distinguish two cases:
- Adding a missing hosting provider
- Adding a self-administrated server
Adding a missing hosting provider
To add a missing hosting provider, you will need the following information:
- In case of an email migration the hostname of the mailserver (IMAP server, in special cases POP3 server)
- In case of a groupware migration with Microsoft Exchange the hostname of the Exchange server
- In case of a groupware migration with Open-Xchange we need the hostname of the Open-Xchange server besides the hostname of the email server
If you do not know the server name, you should get it from your hosting provider. You can typically find the hostname in the manual to set up your mailbox with different email programs. Alternatively, you may ask the support. The hostname of an email server is typically similar to "imap.hoster.com" or "mail.hoster.com". The name of an Exchange or Open-Xchange server can often be found in the URL of you browser when logged into the Webmail interface.
If you still have trouble finding the suitable server name please contact us directly for assistance.
Once you collected all necessary data, please select "Configure provider or server" in the provider selection box of our migration application. In the following dialog, enter the host name in the field: "Mailserver (host name or IP address)". For configuring Exchange or Open-Xchange servers, you may have to provide additional information.
Note: Hosters can also get a permanent entry in our provider list.
Adding a self-administrated server
The process of entering a self-administrated server is similar to entering a hosting provider. However, please take care of the following issues:
- Check if your server can be accessed via the Internet
- Initially execute a free trial migration with some mailboxes
- Check if there are special access restrictions in place - either regarding the network (bandwith), operating system (Firewall etc.) or server configuration (parallel connections per user or IP)
- If feasible, try to contact us when planning your migration. Although our service is always ready to used via the Internet, a short consultation beforhand makes sense in many cases.